Simply Trade [News]: Inside the High-Stakes Fight Over the Budget Deadline - What A Shutdown Means for Your International Business
In this episode, guests from the National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) discuss the looming threat of another US government shutdown and how it could severely impact international trade.
- The differences in the current political climate compared to the last shutdown and why reaching a budget deal will be more challenging.
- How specific government agencies like EPA would be affected and the regulatory delays importers could face if they're not deemed "essential."
- How prolonged port congestion and supply chain disruptions would financially strain shippers and hurt perishable goods.
- Actions citizens and trade groups can take to urge Congress to pass a budget and avoid unnecessary economic damage.
- Issues surrounding the de minimis threshold and debate around potentially lowering it due to security concerns vs. increased costs for consumers.
By understanding the complex political and logistical implications of a shutdown, listeners gain insight into pressuring lawmakers and preparing their businesses for potential disruptions to international trade flows.
Simply Trade is not a law firm or an advisor. The topics and discussions conducted by Simply Trade hosts and guests should not be considered and is not intended to substitute legal advice. You should seek appropriate counsel for your own situation. These conversations and information are directed towards listeners in the United States for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only and should not be In substitute for legal advice. No listener or viewer of this podcast should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this podcast without first seeking legal advice from counsel. Information on this podcast may not be up to date depending on the time of publishing and the time of viewership. The content of this posting is provided as is, no representations are made that the content is error free. The views expressed in or through this podcast are those are the individual speakers not those of their respective employers or Global Training Center as a whole. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this podcast are hereby expressly disclaimed.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean App.